CTK Women of the Word (WOW)Our Ministry Team’s Mission Statement: We are a group of women working together in the Word to give of ourselves and to grow in our faith.
This is accomplished by:
- Making quilts, health kits, school kits, etc. to be distributed both locally and internationally through Lutheran World Relief, Green Lake Bible Camp, Common Cup and Lutheran Social Services
- Making and sharing comfort quilts and prayer shawls
- Collecting items and assembling layettes for Global Missions
- Sewing pillowcase dresses and T-shirt diapers to be distributed in third world countries
- Bible study classes meeting several times a month or monthly
- Hosting a brunch/luncheon for our senior members
- "King's Readers" book club meeting once a month
- providing outreach within our church and community by hosting various speakers
- support the organization of our nursery and kitchen
- participate in W.O.W. (Women of the Word)
Shaped by the Word, shaping Others for Witness and mission!
|Women of the Word Augustana District gathers annually at a central location selected by the Women of the Word Augustana District Board.|
If you are a woman who has the desire to study God's word and enrich your faith with a group of women, there currently are the following opportunities at Christ the King:
- Charity Circle, a Womens group that selects a bible study (usually a 9 month study) and meets monthly on the third Wednesday of the month.
- There are two bible study groups, one meets on every other Monday evening and another meets on Wednesday mornings.
- King's Reader's, a womens biblical book study group that selects a book to read each month and meets in the evening of the third Monday of the month to discuss it. Contact Jeanne Langan or check the calendar for the schedule of upcoming book selections that will be explored.
All women are welcome and are encouraged to join in on these studies at any time. If you are interested in joining one, please check the weekly or the calendar for times and locations.
Many of our women were involved in the making of pillow case dresses that were sent to Uganda, Tanzania, Mexico and Hunduras. There also are two groups who work on making diapers from t-shirts and eye glass casses. Our quilting ladies contributed quilts for Lutheran World Relief and a quilt for the Annual Green Lake Bible Camp Quilt Auction.
We also distributed layettes, newborn kits and hospice kits that were made and put together by our women. Another group of ladies is involved in making prayer shawls and prayer quilts for members of our congregation who a experiencing long term illness. Come for a few hours during the work days to socialize and help with these projects - it's a fun time and a great way to meet other women in our comgregation. If daytime hours don't work, you can assemble kits or layettes or work on the "stamp" project at home - a great way to give to missions throught the world.