You Are Invited...
“The mission of the family life ministry team is to nurture faith-based relationships thoughout the CTK Family”
The Family Life Committee (FLC) at Christ the King invites YOU to join us. Below, you will will find some "FLC Facts" that you might like to know while you prayerfully consider accepting this call. Contact the church office for more information.
- informal, easy-going group... great committee to join in order to meet & connect with other CTK members; men/women, young/not-so-young, single/married; everyone is welcome to join!
- Events we’ve done: Summer outdoor movies, Date Night child care events, Turkey Bingo, Fall hayride, Mother's & Father's Day gifts, packing food for the backpack program, VeggieTales movies... More/ new ideas are always welcome too!
- typically meets once a month... or "as needed" (date/time is flexible depending on schedules)
- Try to do 1 activity per month. Committee members are not required to attend/assist with every activity... members step up when/how they can ("many hands lighten the load")
- committee "call" duration is three years... this is not, however, a prison sentence.:) We have found that because many of our event/functions are only done once a year, a 3-year call works best. This helps ensure continuity and that all functions are covered with a few "seasoned veterans." In essence, first year = learning/supporting; second = organizing/actively participating; third = leading/organizing/actively participating. The time flies!
Can't wait to have you come and join us!!